Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So you want to be a consultant 4 steps to take on the pathway to success.


So, You Want To Be A Consultant! 4 Steps To Take On The Pathway To Success.


1001


If youve ever fancied getting into the consultancy profession, Bob Selden, who has been a successful consultant since 1987, suggests four steps to take.


Consulting, consultancy, leadership, management, consulting for new managers


Copyright © 2006 The National Learning Institute

During my career as a manager and since I myself became a consultant in 1987, I have had many colleagues and acquaintances move into the consultancy profession. Sometimes this move was by choice as a genuine career move. In the late 90s however, the proliferation of consultants was exacerbated by the downsizing of organisations and so, people who had been cut and who were unable to find a similar role in another organisation tried the consulting path often with little success and a great deal of pain.

The following suggestions on becoming a consultant have been developed as a result of my own experience, my advice sessions with colleagues starting out on their consultancy career journey and the lessons I have learned from watching people either succeed or fail to make the grade as a consultant. My belief is that there are at least four things that one must do to develop a successful career as a consultant:

Firstly, decide on an area of experti

 



Recommended For You



0 comments:

Post a Comment